Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Monday, December 18, 2006

Our Lift #39 Really "sends" me...Updated!


Get it ... it's a postcard...sends me?? Hahahahaha!! Sorry, it's really late and I'm a bit punchy - but I have made a commitment to you all to get a new lift up every Sunday NO FAIL!!

When I saw this layout by Vanessa a few days ago, I put it in my favorites to comment on and never got back to it until tonight! EEEKS!! Well, I commented on the layout and realized that it was also going to be the scraplift this week. I really want to choose layouts that stretch me - that make me go out of my clean and simple comfort zone and do things I would not ever think of on my own.

The very first think I love about is that she used it like a real post card. Alot of the cards that I see are working with the front, or use it as a backdrop. This looks like it's being used and it's meant to be there. The doodles in the corners are so fun and the fun colors are perfect for this layout. The lattice in the picture looks like it was totally planned along with the layout! The tip topper for me was that fabulous stamp!!! I love the holly and berries sprig that embellishes it!!

I am figuring out my picture now and I can't wait to dig in and try this one. I hope you find this one fun and challenging as well!!!!

===
So, this week is really hard to get time to scrap...and the lifts show it. There was one so far who did this lift. If anyone more did - I didn't see it! :-( If you did - please post a link for me to get it up.

I loved this lift so much, but in doing it I realized just how intricate it is!!!

Here's Mine:



I used Taran Conyers Spring Doodles, Shabby Miss Jenn's bow, and Gina Cabrera's backgrounds. I wanted to make it like a post card but I just couldn't make it look as good as the original - so I kept the stamp idea, and made a calendar page with it!!!!



jennieb75 has done a really cute layout! I love this!! I really like the way she took the theme of the layout and went with it!! That's what scraplifting is all about - doing what it inspires you to do - whether it's a full on exact lift or the feeling the layout gives you!!!!!

Here's what she says about her layout: I've been checking out a few other member's letters and thought it would be fun to try it!! Had to give it a spin with the postcard style! lol

Credits:
kraft paper by Christine Smith
kit by Meredith Fenwick - peppermint bark mini
quote by JanHicks
fonts are Century gothic and Pea Jenny script
journal stamp by Katie Pertiet
notebook paper by ksharonk

holiday stamp by Michelle Coleman

Enjoy - and no lift ever closes, so if you want to do this one later - you're always welcome to!!!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sure is a great LO - wow! Very unique - hmmm - off to figure out what she used and how I could make it work for a square LO - LOL!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Soooo cool!! Thanks for picking me, I'm so honored!!

11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I ran with the postcard theme...but I couldn't make it work for the whole page...but I loved the idea. So I did both sides and used it as my letter to Santa! So, not a true lift...but I thought I'd post it for fun!
Thanks for the inspiration...love this site!

http://www.thedigichick.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/40625/cat/500/ppuser/9413

2:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Susan,
Thanks so much for adding my LO to the postcard theme post!! So cool seeing it there!
Just a half-question, though...not sure who "chatty chick" is?...I've just been going by jennieb75!
Thanks
Jennie

2:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Susan, you rock!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home