Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Scraplift #30 is ZineTastic! UPDATED

I was browsing the galleries giving praise to all my fingers could handle when I came across this layout and it just jumped out at me and said, "I'm the layout you're looking for!!!!" It is by WendyZine, and it was also a scraplift of Amy Cheesman, who's original layout can be found here:

Catching Little Crabs

To make this even MORE complicated - Amy used a template for HER layout! LOL!! So...now that I know the history of all these layouts, I think I've credited everyone now!

You can find the template here by Carole Neale:

Carole's Template

Back to Wendy's now...

I love the way Wendy used the unconventional way of cropping the pictures and the fabulous doodles and the white space...and the blocks, and the . .. and the... dang - I just love everything about this one and I hope I can do it justice!!! Let's have some fun!!!!!!

Here's the link to her layout in the gallery - leave her some loving!!!

Baby Mine

I have to say I was really disappointed that no one did this lift. I thought it was a tremendous layout and I applaud Carole, Amy and Wendy for it's greatness!!! I loved it so much that I did two - and here they are. If someone else DID do this layout lift, I'd love for you to email it to me so that I can add it to my two...YAHOO _- Rona did one and it's SOOOOO worth the wait!! Scroll down...

My first scraplift was done with Lucy Marino's Alyssa's Dream Catcher Kit, which is available at digiscrapshak.com I really liked the colors of this kit and felt it really tied the pictures together so well!! I also especially like the fabulous stitches that comes with the kit and the rich colors and elements! Go check it out!!


My second lift was done by me again, and it was done with Carrie Stephens Truly Delightful, available at fishscraps.com and I used Taran Conyers FABULOUS TK Doodle font! I am totally in love with lavendars and purples, so this kit was perfect to tie my love of those colors with the loves of my life!


I was SOOOOO blown away with this lift. I don't know if it's the fact that it's Lightning McQueen, the colors she used or the way she duplicated and flipped the lift - but I have to say this one is award winning in my book!!! Here's Rona's Credits: Journaling reads:

Mama spent less than a week preparing for your party, but everyone who went had so much fun! Papa bought lots of inflatables for the pool, which made for a successful swimming party. We had balloons and a banner with your favorite CARS characters. The food was the basics --- hotdogs, barbecues, spaghetti, snow cones, ice cream, cookies, and of course, your Lightning McQueen cake!

kit - Celebrate by Amy Cheeseman at Digi Scrap Shak
fonts - KGD Chubby Girl, KGD Karen

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so honored! I've never been lifted before! =) Have fun scraplifting this. I sure did! I can't wait to see what you all do!

12:07 PM  
Blogger Kimberly Geswein said...

that is so cute! It uses Carole Neale's template at DigiScrapShak! Here

7:11 PM  
Blogger Carole said...

Hi Susan, It's a gorgeous layout. The original by Amy Cheesman uses one of my scrap templates. As the design and placement of the pics is reasonably unique, I wonder if you would be so kind as to just add a line or two menitoning that there is a template available. http://digiscrapshak.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=7 . I would very much appreciate just a small mention and a little credit.
BTW, I hadn't stumbled across your blog before. It's a fantastic source of inspiration - great job!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thank you Carole for letting me know where to find the template. I didn't know it was from a template because Wendy's didn't say so - just said it was a lift from Amy's layout. It was totally not intentional to leave it off - I plain didn't know! LOL! I appreciate you letting me know and you're properly credited now! :-)

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carole & Susan,
Amy let me know she used your template, so I've updated my original upload to credit you as well! Sorry I didn't notice it to begin with either.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Carole said...

Your more than welcome Susan. I was fully aware it was an unintentional ommision and that you were not to know. Very much appreciate you adding the credit! :)
And I fully intend to be a regular visitor at your blog now I know it exists!

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home