Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Monday, December 11, 2006

It's Lift Number 38 Already!!! UPDATED


This layout by Kerry (Rocalisa) is just the CUUUUTEST!!!! It's a sketch plate by Anita Stergiou, and the subject matter just really made this layout shine extra bright for me. I love cute little stories about what our kidlets are doing. I think what attracted me most to this layout is that it is very simple, but yet it has a lot going on! If you look closely - she has fun little things happening with the title with chipboard and regular fots, the picture that totally tells a story without even having to read the journaling - and journaling that satisfies your curiousity when you read it!! The flowers are adorable and I like the way she laytered the papers and left the kraft paper like a mat in a framed piece of art!

Great job Kerry!!!

I hope you all want to join in and lift this sweet layout with me! As always, post it to me in this thread about it over at DST or email mea at digiscraplift at yahoo dot com


You can find her layout here: Escape Artist
Photo Details
Poster: rocalisa (see this users gallery)
Credits:
Journalling ~ 5th October, 2006
Leigh came to visit today and let you play with her car keys. After a little while I went to see what you were doing and this is what I found. You took your stool from the laundry to the front door, climbed up on it so that you were tall enough to reach the locks and tried using Leigh's keys on the door. I'm not sure if you thought you were locking or unlocking it, but you were very involved in what you were doing. I'm now very careful to make sure you can't get out that door any time as I don't want you to get onto the street. A little Houdini is something I really don't need.

Credits~
Sketch*PLATE 5 by Anita Stergiou, including stylised flowers; everything else from Winter Whites by Christy Lyle and Robin Carlton; fonts are Jeana and Mom's Typewriter


********

Here are the layouts that arrived in my inbox and in the threads at DST. As always, if you've done the lift (or any other lift for that matter) and you don't see yours on the blog - please email me the link and I'll get it up right away!!!

I really had fun with this one. I have been waiting for a perfect layout for the journaling an dpicture I ha - and this really said that this was IT.!!

Here's mine: I have always loved the intent way that Melissa examines the world and when I saw this picture of her examining the leaves instead of playing in them, I knew I had a shot I wanted!

I used many different papers and elements:

Brown and off white Background is Shabby Princess Holiday Joy
Pink Panel background and tab are from Gina Cabrera 's Shabby Shack Mega Kit
Journaling block and leaves are Ronna Penner from her retired Autumn Magic kit
Staples by Me, Susan Pacillo
Fonts: Century Gothic, Carpenter and Mail Stamp


Next up is Karen's adorable layout! I really had to laugh outloud when I read her journaling because it's so darn honest and so true!! My daughter would have done exactly the same thing, and I would have felt the same way Karen did about getting up all night long to blow her nose!! LOL!! The alpha is wonderful and the photo, as always, is perfect!!!!
Journaling = You got a sick last Friday and that’s when you began waking us up several times during the night; one reason was because you wanted to blow your nose. So we decided to let you have a Kleenex box with you when you slept and we told you that you could just dump it on the floor after you are done because we didn’t want to we woken up just to retrieve a snotty tissue and we know that foreign things with you while you sleep easily bother you. We had no idea that there would be a mountain of tissues like this greeting us!

Turkish Delight by Zoe Pearn at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Torn Inked Alpha by Laura Alpuche
Virtual Photographer
Atomic Cupcake Action
Font = AL Sandra, CK Marissa



This next one is from a newcomer to the blog, Immaculeah  and what a sweet layout it is!! I love the angle of the journaling and the wonderful heart at the top! A photo of my DD when she turned 4 last month. Journaling was found in the Soup.

Credits:
Compassionette by Ztampf
Alpha by Carolyn Bender
Font = Pea Kim



Here's Sunshine's layout!! I really empathize with her and the loudness factor of toddlers!!!! I adore the little stickers she used and how they don't look girly!! It's a great picture and wonderful title!

CREDITS: Papers & stickers from Jessica Sprague's "Echoes of Asia" kit. Overlay from Shabby Princess. Stitched tags from Gina Caberera (I altered the words). Fonts: Adler, Century Gothic.Finally, we have

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh wow Kerry's layout is sooooo pretty! love the soft muted colours and the photo is just darling... beautiful!

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home