Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

SL #15 Is a Real Challenger!!! UPDATED

This layout is by Kerrin Quall, who used the Flip-flops range of embellishments. Journaling in the file folders.

I just saw this layout and was IMMEDIATELY drawn to the mix of black and white and color pictures and the use of a little bit of everything and having it not overwhelm the design or the pictures!!!

I know we can't do the journaling under the file folders unless we want to do an altered layout - but we can sure do the rest of it!!!!!

I think we can really challenge ourselves with this one!

If you get a chance, browse Kerrin's gallery - you will be amazed at what she does.

So here we go - THE LIFTS!!!!

this one's my entry - and it's fast becoming my favorite of the lifts I did so far! I used Gina Cabrera for most of it - the ribbons, the background and cross stitches from her new Daydreams kit, I made the file folders with a brush and eraser from one of her backgrounds from the Shabby Shoppe, Dymo letters from Exuberant, beautiful tag from Wallflower Kit, letters and blessing tag from Forever Grateful. I used Ronna Penner's stitches from Essential Notions Stitches. I made the vellum flowers! :-) Font; MA Sexy

Amber says this about her layout: "Here is my loose version - and you were right. . .that was challenging!  It took me a bit longer than I planned - but I am pretty pleased with how it turned out.  Thanks for the fun challenges.  I like already having an idea for a page and not trying to create one from scratch! =) Credits:  Bg paper and some of the ribbons, the flowers, and ric rac from Michelle Underwood - I'm yours kit.  Some of the ribbon from Shabby Princess - sweet sprinkles kit.  Flower doodle (recolored) from Sarah carling as well as some of the ribbons from MishMash collection kit. Font - dinerdotcom, and annie btn, alpha (3) and brackets also from Michelle Underwood's I'm Yours kit.  =) 

Here's Janna's: J Thanks you for such good inspriation....I attached my SL Pictures of all 4 of my girls 1-2006 I used Heather Ann's kit from Shabby Princess dot com, called True Love, Font=DonnysHand.







Poster: luckymomto3 This is my version of Scraplift #15. As soon as I saw it I knew I needed to give it a try. Layout Credits: Lighthearted by Amy Bleser at ScrapMommies







Brandi created this beautiful layout: Credits: Edible Flower from Scrapkitchen. Mari K's Twist of Lime papers from The Digi Chick. Gina Cabrera stitches. Gina Miller tab. Angie Briggs string. Shabby Princess cross stitch. Atomic Cupcake inking action. Fonts: ALUncleCharles, Claudia, 2PeasHoneyBee, ChubbyTrail, and DymoFontInvers.



mlewis offers this: I loved doing this one! It took alot of playing around before I was satisfied, but I think I finally got it. I used Vintage Artistry kit from SS Digital Scrapbook #4, Jen Wilson paper for the background. Fonts are Scriptina and SharonsHand. Poem reads "A family is like a patchwork quilt with kindness gently sewn. Each piece is an original with beauty of its own. With threads of warmth and happiness, it is tightly stitched together to last in love throughout the years. Our family is forever."

Robyn says: "This was a fun one! I've wanted to do these pictures for a long time, but couldn't come up with a way to use so many on page. This was perfect for it! Stitches are by Gina Miller. Flowers (recolored) are by Jen Wilson & Taran Conyers. Acrylic letters are from Michelle Coleman. The font is Garamond."






Colleen says: "What a great original - I decided to skip the folders. I might use this as Ben's first birthday invite. I put a black line around the edge, but for some reason it's not showing up. Oh well. Credits: Patterned paper by Sarah Batdorf (Candy); happy button by Katie Pertiet (Happy Together); "he", authentic sticker and duct tape by Jen Wilson (A Real Boy and Boyish Charm); stitching (recolored) by Shabby Princess (Splendid). Font ("is") is Dear Joe II and Jayne Print ("ben").

Christel says:"I have never done the challenge...but when I saw this one I had to do it. Paper and Ribbon and flower (re-colored)by pingdesigns. Ghost letters by DebF, Photo prong and stiches by Shabby Princess and ink overlay by Nancie Janitz. TFL...Christel




Crazy.Girl says this: "I'm loving this scraplift blog, I'm a good scraplifter. Didn't think I'd make this challenge then the kids wanted to go to the park and I got some pictures I thought my work for this latest challeng. *credits: MetroGirl kit, Birthday Cake kit, and HeartBreaker kits all by Dani Mogstad of designbydani. Stitching frame and little stitched x's by ShabbyPrincess Splendid kit. TFL!!!




this one's from Brandi: This is a scraplift from user RitasCottage's {Awesome!!} layout, A FAMILY STITCHED TOGETHER WITH LOVE, on 2peas. Melany Violette's Love Is kit. Gina Cabrera stitchings. Fonts: Scriptina, 2peasHoneyBee, Hootie, MammaGamma, ALUncleCharles, and Susie's Hand. TFL!!!


This one comes from Sarah - it's adorable and she explains its for Father's Day:

lots and lots and lots of credits!

-background paper by Gina Cabrera

-alpha used for "buddies" by Gina Miller (blog freebie)

-ribbons (top to bottom) ric rac by Valerie Fowler (May Dezine kit "Rememberence" for the DigiChick), blue twill with rivets by Mindy Teresawa (Boys Rawk), green ribbon with trim by Holly McCaig (Bubble Flip), blue ribbon with dots by Holly McCaig (Bubble Flip), red ribbon by Meredith Fenwick (Bonfire on the Beach), orange twill tape with dots byHolly McCaig (Family Moments)

-"Love" word art by Gina Cabrera (Compassion)

-stitched label "Together" by Gina Cabrera (Forever Grateful)

- "Laugh" word art by Jen Wilson

-Chenille stars by Gina Cabrera (Snippets)

-Triple stitching by Sara Carling (Aero)

-Staple by Lauren Grier

-Chipboard squares by Kimberly Giarrusso (Family Moments)

font used for "Papa & Noah": 2Peas Barn Door

2 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Gorgeous!! I can see why you loved the LO!!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is just beautiful! I love the b&w combination with the colored photos! Good pick!

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home