Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Digi-SL #7 - CHALLENGE Updated with layouts!!!!

Dreamy Eyes

Whew!!! You guys have been working HARD!! I am so happy to see so many of you scrapping along with me!!! Remember you can keep doing any of the layouts you want - I will be uploading constantly - so there's no deadline to any scrap!!

I was cruising the gallery and saw this one and I just about gasped. The colors and the picture just drew me in like a magnet. This is a paper scrap - so we have a little bit of a challenge here: the dimensional aspects, the textures and the inked edges. I think we're up for this girls - let's go!!!! :-)


This one is my entry. Oh boy was this tough for me. I actually took two days to make this but I am proud of it. I think it works!!! I used Gina Cabrera's Twist of Lime Kit for nearly everything except the stitching, which is Ronna Penner and alphabet by Ronna in her Old World Charm Kit. I also used the tag from Gina's Adore Kit and Flowers from her Exhuberant Fun Kit.









I used Dani Mogstand's Vintage Valentine kit. The frame is from an edges pak at digital scrapbook place. Font is blackjack.
I really like Michelle's take on this - the buttons are wonderful and it looks to me like she reduced the backgrounds for the tiiles and they match so perfectly. Darn - another kit I think I have to buy!!!!









Paper is Gina Miller, Vintage Poppy and flowers are Gina's Beaded Flowers! - Tracy Fox. Tracy, you did it. You sold me on this kit. I was wavering and thought I didn't need to spend any more money, but then I saw this layout. It must be mine!!!! I love the picture choice and the way the papers are so bold yet they don't take over the wonderful picture.








CREDITS: Papers: Ali Folendore's "Delish", Alphas & flowers: Ali F., Stick pin: Holly McCaig, Frayed Bow: Michelle Coleman, Font: AL Sandra (and my little dots doodled on there). Gina, this is one GORGEOUS picture. I hope you have this framed on your wall because it just SCREAMS true love. it's an awesome page and you picked an absolutely perfect picture. I would love to know what filter you use for sepia - I ca never seem to get that dark color in mine -it always looks orange-y.








Kim's Love Much Kit at CG Essentials - Becky's take on this layout just really makes me smile!! The picture is perfect - and the playfulness of the kit makes it even more joyful! I reall like the flowers she chose and the hearts on the tiles.





Janna used Jen Wilson's Snowfairy Papers and Elements. Stitching- Shabby Princess Tropical Christmas, Circle Letters- Ronnie McCray. Oh my Janna - you know how to use Jen Wilson's kits!! I just got that CD and am trying to figure out how I'm going to use them!!!! I love the look on your daughter's face and the beads are great!!!!!










This one is from "Scrapper" over at SBB. I am sorry I don't know her name - but boy is this beautiful!!! All of the papers and te alpha used are from Doris Castle's Naturally Sweet kit. I inked the edges using an Atomic Cupcake action. The ribbon with the heart is from Doris' Earthen Florals kit and the flowers and the little tag are from her Memories kit. Lastly, the stitching is from Mo Jackson's Stitches 1 and the photo edge is from Blair's Borders




This is Brianna's Entry. What an infectious smile this lady has!! LOVE the painted wood alpha. Can you tell I'm addicted to alphas lately?? Credits: Everything is Atomic Cupcake (including new tearing action) - fonts are CK Allison (journaling) and Nueva (painted wood alpha).



This layout is by Ruby Tuesday. I LOVE the way it's just so warm and cozy and matches so well with the picture! Credits: Everything is from Jen Wilson's Holiday Excellence kit except chipboard letters by Meredith Fenwick.





This is Sarah's entry: I love the dark background and the paper choices. Great Job - very glamourous!! Credits:
Papers from SweetMindy's "Sweet Ashlyn" kit, plus Nancy Rowe Janitz , "Schmooty Frames" and "Aged Overlays", Tag alphas, flower brads, mini tag and paperclip from Amanda Behrmann's Diva kit.Flowers from Taran Conyers Delight kit.Font is Edwardian Script




This is from Steph. I can't believe our babies are going to be three!!!! You did a great job commemorating the fun of 2!!!

CREDITS (LOTS):
Carrie Stephens, Fishscraps: Paper from Bright-Cheerful kit (solid red was recolored)
Ronna Penner, Scrapbook-Elements: Red bow and clip, x-stitches, decorative edge stitching, string
Gina Cabrera, Digital Design Essentials: straight stitching, awesome new metal letters, ink edge overlay
Steph Krush (me), Digital Paper Tearing: two new 12" paper tear overlays (#12 and #16) FONTS:
AL Gettysburg and AL Simplicity





Miranda: Credits: I made the papers and elements, using a Toastsnatcher brush
for the patterned paper. Fonts are Carpenter ICG and Heather.

9 Comments:

Blogger Chris Millar said...

Hi! Thanks for choosing my layout for your challenge! Can't wait to see what you do with it!!

10:36 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

OK here is my layout! I will email it you also! http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=131244&cat=500&ppuser=29017

10:21 AM  
Blogger Chris Millar said...

I checked out your layout Tracy, it's gorgeous, love how you've made the flowers look. And a gorgeous photo!
You forgot to mention on your gallery that it was a scraplift though.
Chris.

1:37 PM  
Blogger janna said...

How fun Susan! I found your blog through Becky. I will be scraplifting too.... :)

7:25 AM  
Blogger janna said...

http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=131782&nocache=1

Here is my scraplift!

11:14 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Soory Chris, I thought I did, but since i was in a hurry as usual I forgot. its on there now~

2:21 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

I'll chime in...here's mine: http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=131799&cat=500&ppuser=630

Love the inspiration!!!

2:25 PM  
Blogger Chris Millar said...

OMGosh girls!!! These are all so sensationally fabulous!!!!!

I love the unique twist you each gave to the layout!!! Very cool!

5:52 PM  
Blogger Brittany said...

I found this blog...found this challenge a few weeks late...and here is what I did. I would have done text, but something is wrong with my text tool, so I am very limited in my journaling.

Love the site!

http://brittgallery.blogspot.com

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home