Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Scraplift #8 Is Here!! UPDATED

Thanks Ladies for your patience. I know you're used to me having a lift every day and getting those layouts up, but dangit if that sickness bug didn't rear it's ugleeeee head in our house again. Besides wanting to take a hatchet to my head and get rid of my sinuses, everything's getting back to normal slowly.

Okay, so here it is...the new SL. You can find it at 2 Peas here: Dad and Me

When I saw this late last night I knew it had to be the new Scrap lift. I have been avoiding the one thing that I am NOT good at - and when this layout popped up in the gallery, it took my breath away. Not only because of the beauty of it, but also because I knew I had to try to do this.

As far as I can tell, this will entail overlays, font work, photo manipulation and a great photo!!

What I love about this layout is that it's soft and dreamy, yet almost heritage in look. Have fun ladies - I can't wait to see what you guys come up with and I hope that I am up for the challenge!!! Good job Elaina!!!

And here are the layouts we have so far:
Oh my gosh - this one was SOOO hard for me. I was totally intimidated by it - the overlays - brushes, opacities...but I finally just clamped down and did it and I am so happy with it. Credits: I used jen Wilson's background and tag and everything else is mine. I used brushes to create the edging and ghosted lettering in the background. I also used Ronna Penner's Sweetheart Script font for the song lyrics, which is "Memories" by Elvis Presley.



This one is from Donna. I absolutely LOVE the picture of her son and how she did the overlay. I'm in awe of people who can do overlays!! Credits: The background is from Sue Jones' Christmas Past Mini Kit, and the font is LD Fierro from Lettering Delights. I made the overlay.




This is Shabby Miss Jenn's entry. I love the fact that she can do inspirations - take the lift and go where it takes her!! I just LOVE her use of chipboard letters and of course the lovely MIss Chayce!!

Credits: used Trish Jones "downtown" papers found here at sbb, SP ribbons, Gina Cabrera brown paper from Monkey Business kit, grocery tag from Designer Digs, ornate photo corners from Taran's freebie on her site, and chipboard from SP. Font-Susie's Handwriting.




This is from Dating Revoluytionist:
This was part of a challenge and my first one! I'll have to post the credits later. It's now past my bedtime! LO is of my dear stepson and his "friend who is a girl." (!) They really are too cute to watch. Like two little puppies...LOL! TFL!





This one is Janna's entry. I am in LOVE with Ronna's kit - so I was excited to see it used! Love the circles on top and the wonderful roses!!! Credits: I used Ronna Penner's Afternoon Tea kit from SBE.and an overlay from ROMO Valentine Collection no longer available on SBE.





This is Sarah's Entry. I know Sarah had a tough time with this one too - but just look at the outcome!! She really shines when stretched!!! I love the overlays and the mixture of color and black and white! Credits: Paper: Rhonna Farrer from the 2Ps July free kit; Fonts: century gothic,
edwardian script, scriptina, and times new roman




This is Nancy's Entry: I've gotta get those stamps!!!I used Shabby Princess and faded the paper with overlays and hue filter. The black heart accents are from the Two Peas freebie for January 2006. Maria LaFrance "love word art" and Shabby Princess "Urban Kiwi" stamps.





Miranda: Credits: My own elements with Toastsnatcher Brushes again. Fonts are Century Gothic and Young Love.












Trish: Credits are:  Doris Castle's You Complete Me kit.

















Eva - Credits: Anne Langpap's 'heart stamp' from 2peas Jan kit; and Gina's 'mushy peas paper' from Sweetie Pie kit on DWD.

2 Comments:

Blogger Munkeesmama said...

Thanks for choosing this. Can't wait to see what other's come up with!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Beautiful LO - love the inspiration! Here is my scraplift: http://www.scrapbook-bytes.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=132382&cat=500&ppuser=630

6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home