Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Monday, January 23, 2006

SL #11 - ribbons of FUN!!! UPDATED

I think I'm attracted to layouts like this because I am starting to feel those REMEMBER THESE TIMES kinda feelings. My daughter is going to be 3 next month and she's growing so quickly I can barely keep up with her. I want to just freeze frame her so I don't forget how her little voice sounds - her quirky faces, her sweet touches...

So, when I saw Tara's layout I knew I had to do something like it. I have had it in my BOS for about two weeks, and now is the time to pull it out and do it. I think I MIGHT do it paper too - (I know - horrors - this is a digital blog.!!!!) yeah, I know and I'd do a digital page - but I think I want to try my hand at a paper one too!! :-) The ribbons will make it so fun!!!

I absolutely love the haphazardly laid papers, the ribbons, the picture - the writing on the picture!! Wahoo!! We have scraplift #11!!!! Thank you Tara, for a great layout!!!

You can find her original layout at two peas here: Things I want To Remember Right Now About You Leave her some praise if you get a chance!!!!


Isn't it funny on how the days you feel so sentimental about the little monkeys - they're really especially naughty that day?? It made it hard to remember cute things!! Here's Mine - Susan (Pachimac). I used Shabby Princess's Kit Misty Morning Paper Pack, and I used all the backgrounds and made them into the strips behind the picture. The tags are also made from one of her backgrounds with an inked edge added to them. I used Gina Cabrera's little heart brad from her "Wonderland Unwrapped" kit and staple from Twist of Lime. Font: Aymie





This is from gretgrrl Here's another submission for the DigiScrapLift blog. Journaling reads: -went on your first major car trip from sodak to kansas city -visited the omaha zoo and spent most of the time in the backpack -loved the swing & the bouncy seat -discovered how to roll over Credits: Background paper, tape measure, red polka ribbon from Holly McCaig's Apple Pie kit. Many of the 'ribbons', mat & journaling tabs from Holly's Country Chic paper pack freebie. Brads and 3 from Shabby Princess Shabby Mommy kit. Blue polka ribbon from Shabby Princess Celebrate kit. Staples, stitching & grunge edging from Shabby Princess Shabby Smiles kit. Scallop from Shabby Princess Holiday Sampler kit.





This is from Ruby Tuesday...This was really fun! Everything is from Meredith Fenwick's Right There in Black and White except for a couple of pink ribbons are Jen Wilson's. Doodles are my own. TFL!











This one comes from Lunasea77 (Don't you love that name???)This is one of the few layouts that probably would have been faster had I done it in paper. But...still less mess! I loved Tara's layout and idea, so I copied both. Background, patterned papers and elements from the September RAK kit: by A. Wolff, J. Baechtold, S. Chua, R. Cabana, S. Bond, T. Cordova, P. Halliday, Sharper19 (?no name on the file?), A from J. Baechtold, elements by J. Baechtold and R. Cabana. Schmootzy frames by Nancy Rowe Janitz (ScrapArtist), and staple from the Digital Memories Magazine winter kit.







- Here is Kristy Ann's version or at least the ribbon portion of it. Loosely interpretting the original...very loose. Haha. I love the stacked ribbons look. Credits: My daughters and our family friends from this fall. Another loads of ribbons layout! I also got the chance to play with Andrea's Million Dollar Alpha set (the quote marks) at digichick, which I love. There are also some strips from Ali's Cherish Papers at Modscraps, and a few shabby princess ribbons. Also, letters from Helen's Lovey Dovey Kit at Modscraps. The fun really bumpy pink and green ribbons are from Amy Martins Ribbon Packs at Modscraps.






Oh my gosh - this really tickled this Mommy's sweet bone!! This is crazy girls entry: This was sooooo much fun to make! EVERYTHING is from Dani Mogstads a YEar of Memories calendar kit from designbydani. Everything that is except the chipboard letter J, that is by Jan Crowely's Blush kit of the digichick.









This is so soft, girly and pink - I love it!! She is so sweet to make this available on her blog. I've been wanting to join in these challenges, but never seem to get to it, and this time I did! just loved Tara's fun layout, and pretty much lifted it mercilessly - stitching is by Gina Cabrera, inked edges created with Atomic Cupcake PSE3 action, font is 2Peas Magic Forest, everything else is my own kit called My Candy, a gift to everyone on my blog.






This is Melissa's entry. I love the rich colors of this kit!! Melissa used Meredith Fenwick's Real Me kit from her Reflections bundle. I always really want to participate in the Digi-Scrap Lifts, but never seem to get them done in time so I stayed up late!









And this one is from Steph:
CREDITS:
Gina Cabrera for most of it!  All ribbons are from her, ink edging, paper clip, background paper and black matte, and "a" alpha.
Ronna Penner, string (recolored from white to black).
Shabby Princess, staples, star brad, and mini brads.
FONT: Jen Wilson - JWHandNotes






This is Mimi's entry. What a cutie pie!!! shabby princess moody blues kit, heather ann black & orange papers & ribbons from her ghoulish kit. Staples from Daniella Peuss. fonts are batik, black boys on mopeds, grunge cultek, teacher kim, bradley hand, first grader. tfl mimi




This is CampinBuff's entry: my youngest DD turns 9 tomorrow and I wanted to get some things about her on a LO. I saw Tara's LO a couple of weeks ago and knew I had found the inspiration I needed. This is a blatant scraplift...thanks Tara! LOL Kit is called Candy created by DebF, I added Kate Pertiet's grungy overlay and the stitches from a valentine kit. TFL!

1 Comments:

Blogger Boyden-Hull PTO said...

Here's mine -- http://www.twopeasinabucket.com/pg.asp?gallery=4&cmd=display&layout_id=756576. Fun challenge -- I liked the journaling snippets.

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home