Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Thursday, January 19, 2006

SL # 10 Is Someone's We All...(UPDATED)

Know and love - Shabby Miss Jenn!!!! I know a lot of us have just about every layout she's ever done in our Book of Scraps or Favorites - let's take one out and DO One ourselves!!!! I have loved this one from the moment I saw it but felt I could NEVER do anything like she did with the brushes and sepia coloring...and now I'm going to take up that challenge and do it!!!! Who's with me??

See the peanut praise here:Two Boys

I didn't post my layout because I loved it so much that I am entering it into the Creating Keepsakes "Hall of Fame 2006" contest and I can't post any of the layouts I enter until they don't choose me, or if they choose me, after it's published. Wish me luck! If you want to see it, I will be glad to share it via email.

Gretgrrl, Credits: Papers & corner stamps from DDE's Quirky Q&A freebie set, background paper from Taran Connor's Delight freebie, monogram from Shabby Princess Two Soon kit, stiching from Shabby Princess Celebrate kit, fonts are CK Tailor Sloppy and MA Kulot. Journaling reads: Josie, you were a cute chubby-tubby baby. as a 10 and a half pounder, you started out big & topped the charts as an infant. but those rolls were so adorable. when you were first born, people mentioned that it looked like you had a golf ball in each cheek. in this picture, you were 5 months old - and you still looked that way. i always enjoyed giving you your bath, seeing those rolls, drying your soft skin, zrberting your tummy"






laurakaye's entry: Here is my version of the scraplift. I just love the layout that was chosen, although I think mine ended up being loosely based on the original. My son was finally brave enough to talk to a Disney Character after 3 days of coaching. LOL. Background papers are Inner Glow by Jen Wilson, ribbon is by Shabby Princess, fonts are DSP Pollyanna and CK Footnote, twisty corner is by Carrie Stephens, and tabs are by Taran Conyers. I can't identify the alphas so let me know if you know what they are so I can credit the designer. (ED NOTE: I believe they are part of the Vintage Artistry Set from SBB)






Here is Amy's layout: I loved this one so much, I even had to go out and buy Shabby Princess's Play All Day kit! Everything is from that kit. Fonts are 4990810 and CluffHmk.










Lunasea77's Layout; CREDITS: Background paper and ribbon (texturized pp) is by Whitney Bushman (Autumn Collection); Doodle Stamp is by Susan McCormack in the DDE Doodle Flourish collection; tag is from Holly McCraig's My Friends kit; fonts are ArtistStamp(date), LB Kerri(journaling) and Casablanca Antique (title).










Look at this adorable baby!!!!!! Olive Juice's entry: I bought this kit a couple months ago and could NOT think of how I wanted to use it....then I saw a digiscraplift challenge and I had a lightbulb moment. :) This is a SHAMELESS lift of Shabby Miss Jenn's "two boys". I LOVE her layouts!!! So here's my little smooshieness, Gray. Journaling reads: When we named you Gray I had no idea that my favorite nickname for you would be a sauce. I started calling you “GRAVY” one day and it just stuck! It makes me think of all things warm and yummy...just like you. I love you my smooshie little Gravy man! Everything by Kristie (Shabbyprincess).





Kim did a great job with this one: I scraplifted Shabby Miss Jenn's LO she has over at the Pea site. Well I thought it would be fairly simple, but wouldn't you know it took me three days to get it done. Simple I think not! I love how it turned out and although I still am not 100% sure of the stamped corners, they were the closest I could come up with to what she had used. I thought I had enough brushes, I guess not! Credits: Papers (and tag and ribbon from paper) from Kim Christensen's Dirty Shirt kit at SBB, Brushes by Martin Gasyoun of Adobe Exchange and ...from SBB's Vintage Artistry Kit., Atomic Cupcake inked edge used. Staple by Hunibuni from Falling for You kit. Created my own mini tag shape using standard Adobe shapes. Fonts: CK Bella, Artistamp Medium, BernhardModern Bt





Thank you Cassandra for emailing me - I felt so bad that I couldn't credit this beautiful layout to anyone!!! Now I can!! Credits: Papers and elements are a mixture of Cool Jeans and Ordinary People from Eclectic Scraps. Fonts used are Jane Austen, Acoustic Bass and Another Typewriter. Created in Photoshop 7





KristyAnn made this beautiful layout!! Credits: Papers, ribbon from Laughter Kit, KristyAnn (see my blog). Beautiful pink letters (these are amazing) from Helen O'daniel, Modscraps, LoveyDovey Kit. Flower: Ashley Olson, Modscraps, Hot for U kit. Font: Rebecca. Swirlies: My own design and flower stamp.





Name again please? I'm so embarrassed that I missed so many names when I was copying and pasting!! I'm soo sorry!!!! Credits: This is a lift of ShabbyMissJen's 2 Boys layout for the challenge on the boards. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this picture of Matty and Nathan. They are completely immersed in their game of fighter pilots. What great imaginations! Black paper from Michelle Coleman, all other papers from Jen Wilson, black tab and stitching from Gina Miller, large 2 from Gina Cabrera, brushes from Rhonna Farrer, letter stamps from ScrapArtist. I used Virgine font (I am so missing Susie's Hand!) and 4990810. I used VP filter on the photo and Atomic Cupcake Inked Edges on the papers.





Amy's entry doubled for another dare on another blog - smart woman!!! Credits: Done for Digiscrap Lift #10-Shabby Miss Jenn and for the Dare to Muse Me Challenge at Holly McCaig's blog for Week of Jan. 21st. Kit used is Java Jive by Jen Wilson. Doodle by Gina Cabrera. Atomic Cupcake Foam Stamp and Wooden Painted Letters Actions used. Fonts are Oh {Photo} Shoot and Susie's Hand for journaling. Journaling says: vices that I am willing to admit! Perhaps I don’t NEED my daily coffee, cell phone and computer but I most certainly wouldn’t want to go without them either! Who am I kidding? Without my coffee each day, preferably Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks, but really any coffee will do, you would NOT Want to be near me!! Without my cell phone it would be harder to keep in touch with Gary and Deanna and that is not good at all. And without my computer I would feel cut off from the rest of the world and oh my goodness, how could I SCRAP!?? Sorry, I changed my mind. I NEED all three of things and there is nothing you can say that will change my mind!!





and Sarah offered this beautiful piece: I had great fun messing around with colour enhancing, blurs and layer styles to come up with the photo effect here and I really loved used some of Kim Christensen's fab new stuff which I bought on Friday. Journalling reads: Sometimes the best questions in the world come from a 3-year-old, like: Why do some flowers have faces? Why can you sometimes see the moon in the daytime? Why do crabs walk sideways?Credits: Everything (papers, frame, ribbon, monogram, & hanging frame) from Kim Christensen's new 'Warm #1' set.Fonts are Morgan (journalling) and You Rook Marbellous (title).




jDont'cha just love this fun one by Rita?? Amy Martin's felt heart again, Katie Pertiet's masking tape (!!!), Amy's holed edges, Katies' overlay....DDE creative team doodles, fun, fun, fun!!!





This is Steph's entry: CREDITS: Maya at Scrapbook Graphis - Cool Beans kit Cheryl Barber - tag with string and staple FONTS: AL Updated Classic (number 2) and JWHandNotes (Jen Wilson)





This is a fun one from Lidsay: The day after Christmas was in the 70's so Parker was very eager to go test out his new Tonka dumptruck. He thought he was sooo cool climbing all the way up the dirt pile in the empty field beside our house. He sat up there for about an hour stuffing dirt in it and rolling it down the hill. Everything from "My World" by Tabatha Reed of DigiScrappin.Biz. Used an action from Atomic Cupcake to do the wooden letter.





Trish sent me this wonderful layout for this scraplift: ere is my LO from the last scraplift called 6 Bibles.  For this I used a mix of Mo Jackson's doodads and the foam stamp action from atomic cupcake for the "6."
Journaling reads: 6 bibles. The first items moved into our new home were each of our 6 personal bibles. Since we have discussed from the beginning of our building process that this is “God’s house,” Barry thought it would be good to invite Him and His Word into our house first. So, on the evening that we got possession of the house, each of us brought our bibles with us as we unlocked the front door and officially entered into OUR new home. We talked with the kids about how we want to seek God FIRST in our lives here and we prayed. Then each of us placed our bible in our bedroom. Now, the rest of the move could begin!




Miranda offers this adorable scraplift: Oh I love this one - adorable!!! "2 Missing Teeth" Credits: Swirly brushes by Hannah at Only-For-Love. The rest is my own. Fonts are Distress and HansHand.




Poster: tls63My sweet little girl with a cheesy grin for the camera! Credits: Paper and ribbon by Anne Langpap at 2Peas Corners and Label by Shabby Princess Chipboard number by Gina Cabrera- digital design essentials4990810 and Dream Orphans

2 Comments:

Blogger Boyden-Hull PTO said...

I put up my first post ever at 2 Peas, and it's for this challenge -- it's called Tubby. My username is gretgrrl.

10:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What aa beautiful layout! Love it!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home