Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Monday, February 27, 2006

ScrapLift #16 Is So Touching!!!! UPDATED

I have found the next scraplift, Tea for Three, by nwallace. This is what she says about her layout: "I surprised my girls last summer with a tea party set up in the back yard after they woke up from their naps....they are always being lugged around to my ds sporting events and wanted to do something EXTRA SPECIAL for them. oldest daughter was so excited she almost cried! lol...i will always remember the look on her face...and my youngest's when she started dipping her pickle in the tea. i have been holding onto them..i am happy with the results! this poloroid alpha is so cool!!! *alpha, purple, pink papers are from mandabean at sweet shoppe designs* pin from zazou, stitches and overlay from shabby princess, flowers from taran c."

I absolutely ADORE this layout - the flowers, the alpha - the pictures and the theme. You must be a GREAT Mommy - the thoughtfulness of this gift made ME cry!!!!

Here's the link to see it at 2Peas and comment if you feel inspired to do so:

Tea for Three, by nwallace

Okay - here are the lifts that I got. I was kinda bummed that we didn't get more lifts of this one - but the people who want to do them - and we had two great ones!! :-)

Here's mine: Gosh do I love this layout we scraplifted!!! Another layout of the day we went to tea. I used Ronna Penner's Pearl Necklace from A New Day, ribbon colorized purple from Elegant Wedding, and messy stitches from Fresh Breeze, Shabby Princess for the purple background from Misty Morning and purple flower from her Paper Flower Collection. , Gina Cabrera for her Kraft Background paper from Pretty in Camo, Jen Wilson's White Ink Overlay from Simple Sophistication, Gina Miller's heart from her Sweater Collection

I made the alpha myself inspired totally by the original used in the lift by manda bean of Sweet Shoppe Design - but I wanted a different color and font so I made them myself.

Fonts: Chelt Press and Modavian condensed.


This one is from Betty Jo: I created this LO for Susan's Scraplift #16 at her wonderful blog Digi-Scraplift Fun. The original layout, Three for Tea, was created by N. Wallace at 2 Peas. I didn't have any tea party photos so decided to go with this series instead. Recently I was snapping photos of my older granddaughter. I began to hear, "Click!" "Click!" near by. I turned to find my almost-two-year-old granddaughter mocking me with her tiny toy camera. Of course I then began shooting her. She was so cute shooting right back at me.

Background-Magnolia Plantation-Betty Jo Martin-Scrap Outside the Box
Striped, checked background strips, and red tag eyelet-Berry Smashing-Traci Sims-Your Digital Dream
Aqua background strip-For Ella-Traci Sims-Your Digital Dream
Stitches-Keep You In Stitches-Julie Mead-e-scapeandscrap (I added the piece of thread at the end).
Torn paper edges-Atomic Cupcake Action


This is Amber's entry: One of my favorite layouts I've done - thankyou!
 
Credits: Jen Wilson - papers; Michelle Underwood - corner, flowers; Shabby Princess - faux jewels, stitched heart; Manda Bean - aged polaroid alpha; Midnight Sepia Action on main pic.  Font - Milk and Cereal

6 Comments:

Blogger niki said...

wow! thanks so much....woo-hoo!!!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Katie Nelson said...

Great stuff here as always. Congrats on being named Scrap Rants Scrap Blog of the week! Hope you saw it on Michelle's site at http://scrapability.squarespace.com/scrap-rants/

I need to get back to lifting and this layout is so inspiring - thanks!

Katie the Scrapbok Lady

http://scrapbooklady.blogspot.com/

8:36 PM  
Blogger Susan Godfrey said...

I love this one!!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love this layout! And how funny - the s/l of the week was a s/l! LOL!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Betty Jo said...

This LO was so much fun to do! Thanks for the super challenge Susan!! :0)

11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These look so great! Susan, I check your blog all the time, and I actually have THREE of your scraplifts "almost" finished, and I had every intention of doing this one, because I LOVED it the first time I saw it, but I have had absolutely NO time to scrap lately. I downloaded half my salary in kits last month, so hopefully I'll get around to this next one. But I gasped when I saw all three that are up now for how absolutely precious they are! I'm so glad you keep this up.

4:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home