Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Friday, January 06, 2006

SL #6 - A Really "Sweet" Layout! (Updated)

Keep those layouts coming ladies. I am having a BALL seeing what you guys are coming up with and I look forward to "You've got Mail" in my inbox. Hey, wasn't that a great movie?? I love the Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movies. Just up my alley. Anyways - I am still collecting layouts and later on tonight I'll update with the layouts I have. Since I missed yesterday and I know Sarah's going crazy waiting for another one, I thought I'd better get the new one up! Tee Hee!

I also wanted to thank you all for the kind words in your emails. YOU inspire me so much!! Everytime I see a layout or a posting about this blog, I feel so happy and humbled that you are choosing to do this with me. So THANK YOU!!

Now, off to the new SL!!!!

When I saw this layout - I knew it had to be one of the scraplifts! I love that she used just one background paper and put all her embellishments around her picture in the middle. It really creates visual interest and pulls you in to the picture. This whole layout is so real that I had to look really carefully to make sure it was all digital!!! I never think to use dots as lines and little paper strips - I did one layout but it didn't really work like this one does - I have a lot of practice to do to get those right!!

Credits: Sheri used a bunch of goodies from Designer Digitals for this. The kraft paper is from Katie's Krafty Lady Pack and the PP is from her A Little Love Pack. She also used her run ons, white stitching and messy stitches. The lace is from Kate Teague's Holly Berry Kit and the ribbon is from Kellie Mize's Princess Pinky Toe Kit. She also used Kellie's red gel alpha. The brads are by Shabby Princess and the snowflakes are by Kristy Ann (Kristy Nerness). Thanks so much for looking and have a great day! --Sheri

Here's the link to it at 2 Peas: Sheri's Layout


I could NOT do this one the justice I wanted to. Believe it or not - I could NOT figure out how to do the lines of dots - so if anyone would like to share how they made theirs - I'd be forever gratefuI used Jen Wilson's Sunburst papers, Ronna Penner's Red Gingham Ribbons from her Essential Notions collection, stitches from Ronna's Essential Notions Stitches Volume 2, and Atomic Cupcake's Gel Letters PS Action,






 

Bree used lots of things on here...papers and heart are from the Grungy Princess kit at Atomic Cupcake; alpha is by Carrie Stephens (Free Your Spirit kit); lace is a brush by Michelle Coleman; swirlie thingie is by me. Font is 2Peas Evergreen.I love it for a simple reason: I finally get to see Bree's face!! LOL! I also like the color choices and the heart!










Oh my gosh - when I saw this I actually giggled out loud. It brought back such memories of Melissa all squishy faced in her Snugli!!! Credits: -Gina Cabrera Spring Fling paper-Jen Wilson Signature 6 flower, Signature 7 alpha, Seasonal Scraps freebie paper-Holly McCaig New Beginnings polaroid frame -Michelle Coleman / Scrapartist grungy overlay -Ronna Penner stitching -Fonts - Dweebo Gothic, Typewriter, Scribble








This next one is by Melanie. Th elook on that little guys face is priceless!!!! CREDITS: Denim & stripe papers are Lime Tea from Nancie Rowe (not sure where I got it!). The "Family Love" stamp is from Granny's Pudding add on (DSP), Stitching from Scrap Girls.








Here is Sarah's entry. I was immediately drawn to this because of the bold colors that don't overtake those wonderful pictures!!! CREDITS: Papers: Jen Wilson (Grey Moss from Arctic Tundra kit) for the background plus Susan Bartolini (Flowers and Stems from Nantucket) and Christie Lyle (Stripes from Pacific Solace). Flowers by Jen Wilson (from ScrapStreet Simple Florist) and also Hollie McCraig (LilPetals) Stitching and lace from Traci Simms Blue Country kit Aqua bead letters by Kellie Mize







This one is Julie's take on the SL: Credits are: Papers are from Katie Pertiet - Krafty Girl, Gel Alpha from Traci Sims - Kiss The Sun Lace is Traci Sims - Winter White, Stitches from Holly McCaig & MandaBean's Double Up Kit - Bubble Flip, Font is CBX Kellyshand










This is Michelle's Entry. I love the muted colors and such a great memory!!! CREDITS, The kit I used is Carrie Stephens- Family Togetherness. The word art came with the kit. I got it from Fishscraps.









Everything from Scrap Artist Combo with Jen Wilson's "Forget Me Not". - Lindsay
Oh boy LIndsey - you sure captured a moment there. It's like the younger one is saying "Who are you?" and the older boy is checking him out saying "We'll see if we keep you or not!!!" I love the way you used different colored polka dots and I love the tied brad on the edge.









Ooo Tonya - how beautiful!! I created the green background paper, and the alpha. I re-colored the thick stitching strips and the photo corners - outside stitching and stitching on the photo mat are also Taran's from her Summer CD as a bonus. I just LOVE This!! I especially love how she added the bunny and the blocks to make this such a little baby layout - but the colors are sophisticated!!






Credits: Amy

Blue paper and striped paper by Angi Jones of fabscraps.com.
Polka dot paper is mine.
Stitched word label is by Gina Cabrera from DDE.
Font is 1942 Report (to match label).

Love it Amy!!! I like the way you flipped the dots and made them your own by going the other way with the layout!! Very Attractive!








Translation : a little kiss on the check, too cute. TFL Background : color is my own - Paper (add transparency) + tag + eyelet : Dany from the calm cool kit - Lace : SMD Lace brushes - Stitching : Jen wilson - Fonts : butterflips for the butterfly / Anhedonia for Bisou / Jane Austen for sur la joue / Punch label for trop chou / Century gothic for the line of dots. I love the way Sandrine used stitches instead of the line of dots - very attractive. I also like the colorization of the picture and the little tag. Great Job!








Credits: Kraft paper: Gina Cabrera, DDE, Bubble Boy Stitching, straight and zigzag: Gina Cabrera, DDE, Virtual Ink CD, Beach Cottage Paper with snowmen and striped paper: freebie from Dawn Stocstill, Hunibuni Torn paper made with an overlay from Steph730 Glittering brad, freebie from Laura Alpulché, the DigiChick Pink brad from Shabby Princess, Tropical Winter The word Snö: Distressed Alpha Stamping Brushes by Michelle Coleman of Scrapartist. Snowflakes are made by me using a dingbat with Hunibunis papers and an action from Atomic Cupcake. Fonts: Saeculum, Gapstown AH and 2Peas GGs Love Me (Heart) TFL!

I love what you did with this!!! It is so soft and feminine and really highlights that adorable picture. You could not have chosen any part of this better!!!!








LO using Gina's wonderful freebie from last night's chat! ("simple" - Lyndsay Riches' Sheer Alpha; Font-Susie's Hand). Journaling reads: All you need to make everything perfect is your paci and your "baby". I wish this one was a larger size so that we could see the details. I emailed her and asked for a larger sized pic - when it comes I'll replace it!









Credits: Beige paper, lace, ribbon, cord, alpha and angel charm all by Tracey Sims; Pink paper - Tracy Ann Robinson; Stitching - shabby princess and gina miller; Flowers and charm - Ali Folendore; TFL Jodie

Jodie's take on this is so soft and feminine!! I love the way she lifted it so well, yet made it her own. The flowers are beautiful!!!!





Auntie Pea's layout just makes me want to kiss those beautiful cheeks!! I have to get Kellie's Gel Alpha - it's just too yummy!!!!

CREDITS:
Gina Cabrera - Wonderland Unwrapped kit available soon at DDE
Kate Teague (Designer Digitals) - lace (Holly Berry kit)
Katie Pertiet (Designer Digitals) - Messy Stitching (recolored)
Kellie Mize (Designer Digitals) - Red Gel Alpha (recolored)



What a cutie!! Elaina used freebies that she had on her computer and it's been so long since she downloaded them that she has no idea about the credits. If anyone recognizes kit or elements, PLEASE email me so that we can credit the wonderful designers!! Dontcha just want to kiss those cheeks???




Miranda is a new entry to our blog - and what a great job she did! I love the pink and all the fun elements. I'm so proud of her - she made all the elements herself!!!! Credits:
Miranda made the papers and elements myself using a stock photo for the daisy sticker.  Fonts are Carpenter ICG and Binner D for the year.



This is Katie's entry. I'm still loving and laughing with this one! I LOVE the look on her face - it reminds me of the Church Lady from Saturday Night Live!! Love the beads too!!!! All papers and elements are from Ashley Olson's Trendsetter Kit at Scrapbook Bytes.Font is 2Peas Well Behaved.




OMG - Janna - this is just the CUTEST!!!!! Credits:
Anna Aspens- Color me Happy kit from SBE
Ronna Penner- Black Lace from Letter to Missy kit on SBE
Kellie Mize- Glass letters Recolored
SBB- Stitching freebiesHi






Here's another entry from MElissa: Credits:
Stitching - Shabby Princess
Background Papers, Brushes - Lighter Shades of Pale Michelle Coleman @ scrapartist
Lace - Roundabout Traci Simms @ scrapbook-elements
Fonts - Jeana, President, McGanahan
Filter - Virtual Photographer Radiant




Lisa just sent me a link for her entry: Credits: Background by Kellie Mize (I tweaked the color a bit), photo mat from Jen Wilson's 'Snowfairy' paper collection. 'first' letters from Dani B's 'Adorable' kit. Snowflakes by Jodi Perry, Dani B & Sonya Preville, various SBB color challenges. Fonts: MA Sexy, Baskerville Old Face (journaling)

1 Comments:

Blogger Katie Nelson said...

Susan - I'm cracking up about your church lady comment! Totally true!!! :D

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home