Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Found the Next "HOT" layout!!

I was browsing around the threads at 2 peas and I saw a comment by Chef Susan and I just thought her Sweetie was the CUTEST with it's little Chef hat - so I thought, "What the heck - let's see her gallery!!!!" I clicked on it and the first layout I saw was this one:

See Layout Here

Susan used Daisy D's & Chatterbox PP, Bazzill, Nostalgiques clip, Autumn Leaves stencil, MM Brad and Ranger Distress Ink. Yes, you read it right - this is a PAPER layout!! I know, I know - WHAT???? How am I supposed to SL a paper layout? I thought that when I first started getting "Creating Keepsakes" magazine - but I found SL-ing paper uses the same talent! You do it the same way you do any other one - you look at it - decide what of it inspires you and you do it!! :-) I've already finished mine, so I will post mine here along with Chef's and you guys just send me yours when you're done. Remember - this is not a high pressure thing - you do which ones you like and send 'em to me and I post them - simple as that!! :-)

Here's my take on Susan's LO.I really loved the idea of using a bold paper - but I just never seem to find the right one or I feel it's way too overpowering for the layout - but I hope this one worked! I have never sepia toned a picture before - so that was a challenge for me. I finally wound up doing it in Photoshop on my own after trying to find an action that I liked for Photoshop!! LOL! I am doing a Book of Me challenge - and this is the dedication page. Figured I'd combine two birds with one layout! :-)

I already got an entry for this scraplift - Man you GO Shabby Miss Jenn!! Credits: Jenn used Dana's aqua papers (SBB), Gina's free wild alpha, Shabby Princess free ribbon (sweet serenity) kit recolored, Gina's torn paper from twist of lime kit, brown paper from Holly and Manda's double up kit Love Ya, heart paper clip from Gina's funny valentine kit, overlays made by me with brushes found online. Fonts-hootie and susie's font.


Tracy used Yvette Sanders Carnation Fascination kit from SOTB for her "What Thoughts" scraplift. Oh my - my heart just leapt when I read this because I have SOO felt this about my daughter. I sometimes don't know WHAT she's thinking!! Love the paper choices - very feminine!!





This next one is by Amy, called "two Gerards" Credits: red, green, and striped paper and tag from Thankful kit by Janel Kretschman at thedigishoppe. cream paper by me staple by Jomi Fonts: Journaling Hand (by Ronna Penner) and Times New Roman. This is one of my favorite color combinations - so it really jumped out at me.










Scraplift Tanner" by Sara is the next layout - I need credits from her, so when I get them, I will credit accordingly. I LOVE the way she highlighted this little cutie!!















OH what a soft beautiful pageby Julie this is - The kit is Traci Sims' My Sunshine, and the font is Scriptina."Avah & Aliyiah" I am a sucker for soft blues every time!!!!! Great picture too!










This one is by Brianna, and it's entitled "Recovery". Credits: Kit is Atomic Cupcake "Deliriously Yours" I did the tears with an unfinished soon to be done action. I was really moved with this layout - what a relief to know that someone you love so much is on the road to recovery - and the colors she chose were PERFECT for the picture!!




Sarah Jones Entry - LOVE the photo effect!

Here is one for the challenge based on Chef's layout (on the 3rd, i think?).  credits:
Gina Cabrera: black paper, black tied tag, torn journaling mat, orange paper, alpha, inked overlay (recolored to white)
Shabby Princess: blue paper, green ribbon
Holly McCaig: paperclip
fonts: Arial Narrow & 2Peas Fancy Pants
Virtural Photographer used on pic





Melissa picked some great colors!!!
Credits are:
Papers - Merry Kitschmas Dianne Rigdon scrapartist
Ribbons, tag, brad - Happy Birthday 2 Me Dianne Rigdon scrapartist
Clippie - Michelle Coleman scrapartist
Alpha - Jen Wilson's Seasonal Scraps
Fonts - Pharmacy (Title)
           President (Journaling)
Overlays created by me with brushes from Pixelchick
Scraplift of Chef Susan's Unexpected layout at 2peas





Keep those layouts coming in!! I will upload every other night or so the ones I receive, or if I have some extra time - whenever I get layouts!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I love this layout!!! You are killing me!! I have to do this one too. With my really bright colors as I am prone to do, lol! I will post it when I am done.

12:09 PM  
Blogger Ms Eva said...

Wow! I didn't expect you to post a challenge so frequently. I love all the LOs you have chosen, but I don't have the time to participate in all of them. I play along when I can ... my goal is at least 1x week. :)

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home