Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Saturday, December 31, 2005

It's Scrap Lift Time!!!!!!!!

My New Year's Resolution is to become a better digi-scrapper tomorrow than I am today. To that aim - I am going to scraplift layouts that I think have that certain something - that spark that I want my layouts to have. I think scraplifting can help me to stretch my wings and do things I never could think of on my own and try out techniques that I have not tried before. I hope to use more brushes, more artistic doodles, the white space...you name it.

So, each day or so I will post a layout that I think is great and why - and then my scraplift of it. Maybe with some help from friends I can have a challenge or two for everyone and have you post them to me and I'll post them all together so we can see what eachother envisions. I would love it if as many of you as would like would join me in this journey!

I guess we should define what I mean by scrap-lifting. Scrap-lifting (henceforth for me known as SL) is seeing a layout that I love something about and trying to replicate it. To me, it doesn't have to be a pixel by pixel SL, nor does it need to use the same exact composition and layout - it's a springboard to a layout I like. For example - I SL'd this layout:

You would never know that it was a SL. I can't find the original right now, but it was dark brown background, a small picture of a daddy and little girl on the left bottom and a picture of a house on the right - with no journaling. If anyone recognizes this layout - please email me or comment here and I will properly credit the original poster of it. It was at scrapbook-bytes.com.

I was inspired by the big picture and the small picture and the arsty look about it...then I started to replicate the whole layout. I ended up with my Tree layout. I LOVE It - but it's not an exact copy.

There are times when I DO an exact copy of the layout and here's one of them. My Sweet and Shabby friend, Miss Jenn is a great source of inspiration for me.

Here's hers:

I loved so much about this layout. The colors - the placement of the very large picture - the layers of ribbons and papers and most of all the journaling. I am so touched by journaling lately and it's been one of my goals to get better and better at journaling. I loved this one so much that I pretty much did a total SL with a different kit of papers. Seeing them in such close proximity - I did a darn good job with the dimensions too!! LOL!!

And here's mine:



So there you have it - the beginning of a journey that I hope will lead us all to be better scrappers and have more fun and variety with our layouts!

I won't take anything down and you don't have to SL in order - or do it at all for that matter - but I do hope that my journey will help you along YOUR journey as well...

Okay...off to find the first layout of the year to scrap!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Munkeesmama said...

Looks great. hopefully i can join in the band wagon with you and your marvelous scraplifting!

11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrific idea, Susan! Lovely layouts as always...you are always an inspiration to me. I hope to join you somewhere along the way...bookmarking this page right now!

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home