Digi-Scraplift Fun with Pachimac

Coming January 7th - a whole new twist to the scraplift blog...there will be prizes, and special designer spotlights...don't miss out on our first one...it will be shabby-licious!!!!!!

Name:
Location: California

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Scraplift #21 - UPDATED

Sunkissed Summer
Scraplift #21 is by Susan, user name Memories at Scrapbook bytes. I have just been introduced to her work as I was browsing the Gina Cabrera digital layout gallery over at SBB.

What do I like about this layout? First of all, the perfect choice of warm summery colors that complement the picture perfectly. I love the clean, simple layout and wonderful journaling . The title is fun and the font choice perfect.

Susan has a great eye for clean, simple and beautiful layouts - something I am aspiring to be!!

So join with me in scraplifting her Sunkissed Summer Layout - and leave her some praise if you so desire...

----------------

This is my take on Susan's page. I decided that it was so perfect that I lifted it as precisely as I could and then changed the wording and embellishment that I used.

I used Gina Cabrera's Lucky Star Kit and recolored the papers to match the orange in Melissa's shirt more perfectly, Snippet Collection, Felt Flowers, and stitches from Delightful.


This one is from Shabby Miss Jenn: Loooooove these papers sooo much! I wish they were fabric! LOL I used Anna Sophia Paper Pack. "C" made from Shabby Princess Serenity Alpha, Tag from Diry Boy, gellin dot from Sweet Sprinkles and stitching is from Shabby Shoppe Stitching pack.

This is a lift from a friend at another site.
Fonts-Napoli Light, Misproject, Miss

You definitely have some of the most cuuutest smiles and giggles. Just adorable. You always show to others that you have such a friendly disposition from those smiles, laughs and giggles. You totally enjoy a great laugh, live for it more likely. And always are back from more. Silly and happy girl.





From Liss: This is a photo of my Mum as a bridesmaid in the early 60s, one of my closest and most wonderful friends, Nikki ( www.nikki-ann.co.uk ) did some restoration on it for me, and when I saw this challenge I LOVED the layout to lift so much, and was dying to use these papers I had bought ages ago so I couldn't resist! I am really pleased with the resulting layout, especially as it is my Mum that I scrapped, and just doing it bought me so much joy.

PRODUCTS: Kim Christensen's Sunshine papers from her In The Garden Collection. Sara Carling's sea glass and twine, Tonya Doughty's stitching embellishments, Cheryl Barber's Sew Simple clasp thingies, and Shabby Princess's faux jewels.



Rachel sent me a link to this adorable little page and she describes it:

A LO of my boys pretending to drive my car during our road trip from Indiana to Georgia.

Journaling reads: "While we were driving home from Indiana, we stopped to go potty and clean up because Ian was sick. Daddy and I let you two play in the front seat of the car, and you looked like you were driving. At one point, Isaac even got down on the floor to push the pedals while Ian was turning the steering wheel. It was hilarious to watch, although it was frustrating because you guys moved the mirrors and pushed a bunch of buttons. It took a little while to get back together so Daddy could drive again, but it was so much fun to have a cool play break on our long, hard drive. "

Credits: My Big Adventure by Fee Jardine (available at thedigichick.com)
Fonts: Dael Neu, Arial, Punchlabel


This is from Trish:

Journaling reads:DIRT
Even after all of the dump trucks that have visited our home, Patrick still gets just as excited to see one. There is nothing like the thrill of seeing such a big truck. He now knows to anticipate the loud “bang” as the tailgate crashes back into place and covers his ears. On this day, our excavator brought us just one more load before coming to do a final grade around the house. 5-30-06

Did this using Katie Mann's Austin's World - Toy Trucks.
Extra Element Credits: Embossing Tape and CK Keystroke
URL to items in the store:: http://www.scrapoutsidethebox.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=80&products_id=2351




This page is by Jen Caputo: Her words: My boyfriend's brother Aaron with his little cousin, Kylie on the beach in Cape Cod.

Everything is from His Nursery from the Expecting Collection by Christy Lyle and Robin Carlton from Sweet Shoppe Designs

1 Comments:

Blogger Liss said...

I'm not sure if just anyone can do this challenge with you but as you posted about it at Digi Shop Talk I couldn't resist giving it a go because it is such a wonderful layout to lift! Here's the link to my resulting layout in the DST gallery anyhow and hopefully it was Ok :D

http://www.digishoptalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=4513&cat=500

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home